Shaping the future.
In order to adopt an attitude towards something, you first need education, knowledge and awareness. Today, we all bear responsibility for what we produce and consume. Most things are not disposed of because they are actually broken – but
because people are bored of looking at them and want something new or seemingly better. Lamy writing instruments, however, accompany millions of people over years and decades.
Sustainability stands for constant values, timeless ideas, continual benefits and long-lasting products. At Lamy this is not only a promise, sustainable practices are a matter of course. They form the basic principles of the company philosophy which we have practiced at Lamy from the very beginning – for the good of the environment and society, for people and products.
The timelessly modern aesthetics of the Lamy design in connection with highest levels of quality has always guaranteed the most effective form of sustainability: lasting enjoyment of our products and thus their long-term usage.
Economic and ecological responsibility
Physical as well as visual development and manufacturing of classic products with exceptionally long lifespans – that is our company focus. Here, the standards for future-oriented action are set by resource-friendly and energy-efficient manufacturing with short supply chains for ecologically sustainable business.
Lamy writing instruments are thinking tools – they help people all over the world to develop in a holistic way. As a mid-sized family company, targeted investments in educational projects and a wide range of social commitment are indispensable components of corporate action – as are fair par tnerships and socially-just activities on all levels: with employees, customers and suppliers.
Economically efficient, ecologically sound.
Quality. Made in Germany.
- High-precision manufacturing + highest level quality materialsBest processing quality
- Exceptionally long lifespan
- Proven quality management according to DIN ISO 9001:2015
- Majority of work with German suppliers
- Repair service
- Timeless, not trendy or decorative
- Longest possible physical and visual longevity
- Mindful use of resources
- Regular evaluation of applicability of recycled materials
- Production, research and development: all in one place
- More than 95 % of in-house production at sole site in Heidelberg
- Long-term investments in in-house manufacturing
- Shortest possible delivery routes via regional suppliers
- In-house recycling
- Packaging contains no adhesives and uses a large amount of recycled paper
- All displays for product presentation are “Made in Germany”
- Printed material is certified and made in collaboration with regional suppliers
- Environmentally friendly packaging
- Cardboard filling material made from recyclable paper
- Use of renewable energy sources
- Use of electrical injection moulding equipment
- Use of heat generated by production processes
- Roof greening and sculpture garden
- Beehives on company premises
Generated waste material.
- Sorted recycling
Socially supportive and equitable.
- Secure jobs and minimal employee turnover
- Performance bonuses
- Job tickets
- Employee discount for Lamy products (employee flea market)
- Training in employee’s own training workshop
- Employee’s own canteen: “Lamyteria”
- Training leave programme
- Health programme: physical wellness activities offered during breaks, e-Bike promotion
- Cultivation of long-standing partnerships with customers and suppliers
- Allocation of assembly work to sheltered workshops
- Loyalty to specialist shops
- Instructional material and interactive activities for schools
- Promotion of the learning and maintaining of handwriting
- Independent German medium-sized family company
- Clear long-term commitment to company headquarters and manufacturing site in Heidelberg
- Employee integration
- Improvement suggestions by employees
- Focus on stable growth
Sustainability at a glance
On the journey from small Heidelberg writing instrument factory to internationally significant market leader and brand manufacturer, the birth of the Lamy design brand in 1966 was surely the most important milestone. But there are many more and it's worth taking a little journey through time to find out about them.